Say Aloha To Awesome Savings
Save $4,400 or more on Membership with a limited-time offer. Savings end March 2, 2022so act now! Terms apply.**The more Vacation Points you purchase, the more youll save! Explore additional savings below: When you purchase 150 to 174 Vacation Points, youll save $1,650 to $1,914 When you purchase 175 to 199 Vacation Points, youll save $2,450 to $2,786 When you purchase 200 to 249 Vacation Points, youll save $4,400 to $5,478 When you purchase 250 to 299 Vacation Points, youll save $6,750 to $8,073 When you purchase 300 to 499 Vacation Points, youll save $11,100 to $18,463Call a Disney Vacation Club Sales Guide at 681-6028 or Learn More about this offer.
Start Planning Your Disney Vacation Now
Cant wait to experience the magic of Disneyland? Subscribe to our FREE Deals newsletter where you will receive helpful planning information, exclusive Disney deals, and access to the lowest priced Disney tickets anywhere. You can find more information on planning your vacation here:
Disclosure: We have used all the products recommended on Mickey Visit. We may receive compensation when you click on links to some products featured.
Planning a Disney Vacation? Get Exclusive Discounts + Free Bonuses
In addition to exclusive discounts for Mickey Visit subscribers, get our free planning printable and guide to make your life SO much easier.
About Kim Schultz
Kim has her Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature with a minor in Technical and Professional Writing from San Francisco State University. She received her editing certificate from University of Berkeley Extension and won numerous awards for fiction writing from the San Mateo County Fair Literary Stage.
One thing she loves most in life besides family and writing is Disneyland! Kim and her family are season pass holders and travel to Disneyland numerous times a year .
Who Is Dvc Right For
If youre still unsure whether membership in the Disney Vacation Club is suitable for you, thats okay. As we have said a couple of times, it is a significant commitment. Well finish up with a handy list of questions to ask yourself to help evaluate whether you should look into it further.
- Do you like Disney? Lets face it the DVC wouldnt be as successful as it is if it wasnt a fantastic option for Disney-goers. While you can use your membership outside of Disney, if you dont regularly plan to visit Disneys properties, it probably wont end up being your best option. Either way, just make sure to compare it to some other options.
In addition, you want to feel good about the companies with whom you do business. Find a company thats compatible with your lifestyle all the way around.
- Can you afford it? The bottom line is, its expensive. Its also a pretty big financial commitment after all, youll be a member for 50 years. Even if your membership is paid in full, you will still owe annual dues that rise every year. As we stated above, nothing can drain the joy out of your vacation, quite like knowing you cant afford it. Whats more, if your membership goes into foreclosure, it will drastically damage your credit score.
You May Like: Rome Vacation Rentals With Terrace
The Ultimate Guide For Visiting Disney Vacation Club California
- 29 seconds ago
Filled with so much to do, California offers scenic views, theme parks, nightlife, and some of the best resorts. Regardless of when you visit, you are still in for a pleasant surprise because California is considered a year-round destination to explore. If the Disney Vacation Club California resort is the next vacation destination on your list, continue reading as we cover all the need-to-know information about The Villas at Disneys Grand Californian.
Stop : Disneys Boardwalk Villas
- We Loved: Elegant decor, people-watching on the boardwalk, carnival-themed Luna Pool.
- Good to Know: Epcot is walking distance. Most boardwalk shops and restaurants are currently closed due to the pandemic. Studios have kitchenettes all other suites have full kitchens.
Each day felt like we were visiting a different place in history. But even though we joked about being time travelers, we were really just driving a few miles to the Epcot area and our next resort, Disneys BoardWalk Villas. Here, we were transported to turn-of-the-century Atlantic City, and the vibe shifted to one of whimsical childhood fun: brightly colored rugs and carnival paintings in the lobby, a chandelier featuring horses with mermaid tails, and a warm gingerbread scent in the air. It was a complete change of pace from the Wilderness Lodge, but no less inviting.
Our room wasnt ready yet, so we strolled the boardwalk and checked out the amenities, from the Luna Park pool with its roller-coaster-themed water slide to the bar housed in an old-fashioned carousel. Many of the boardwalk stores were still closed due to the pandemic, but we stopped by the ever-popular Pizza Window to grab a slice and people-watch.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Located in Orlando, FL
The spirit of the South Pacific beckons at this relaxing tropical paradise where you’ll be surrounded by lush landscaping, colorful birds, koi ponds and beautiful white-sand beaches. From moonlit nights on the torch-lined waterfront to the exotic tastes of world-class restaurants, Disneys Polynesian Villas & Bungalows at Disneys Polynesian Village Resort are a delightful oasis situated on the Seven Seas Lagoon across from Magic Kingdom. The tropical look and feel of each Villa is complimented by a modern style, creating a contemporary retreat reminiscent of the Pacific Islands.
Disney Vacation Club Resorts
Each of the Disney Vacation Club Resorts is uniquly themed offering everything from beachy and relaxed atomospheres to luxurious and ultra-modern rooms with everything in between. Each Resort offers unique and amazing amenities with that world class Disney service.Be sure to click on each respective Resort below to see detailed information including videos and photos on each one!
Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas -The Disney Animal Kingdom Villas feature two locations, Jambo House and Kidani Village.
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – The Villas at Disney’s GrandFloridian Resort & Spa combine Victorian elegance with theDisney level of service and bringsto mind the beach-going vacationers of the 1890s, who spent theirwinters along Florida’s coast in elegant Victorian hotels.
Disney’s Riviera Resort – This brand new Resort opened on December 16, 2019, and is the 15th Disney Vacation Club property with approximately 300 units spread across five different accommodation types. The Disney Skyliner connects this Resort to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and other areas on Walt Disney World property.
SaratogaSprings Resort & Spa -Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa is a lakeside equestrian resort.
Also Check: Vacation Resort Rentals In Orlando Florida
Studios At The Disney Vacation Club Resorts
Studios add to the routine amenities of a deluxe room a microwave and toaster, and commonly sleep four in a queen and a fold out-sofa. However, Old Key West Studios have two queens. Studios in Bay Lake Tower at Disneys Contemporary Resort officially sleep four, but I wouldnt try fourthe room is too cramped when the fold-out couch is opened. A family of three, with one person can sleep on the couch cushions , will fit Bay Lake Tower better.
Studios that sleep five are available in the Boulder Ridge Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, the Polynesian, the BoardWalk Villas, Disneys Riviera Resort, the Villas at the Grand Floridian, and the Beach Club Villas. The third sleeping spot is a short fold-down murphy bed thats 72ish inches long and sleeps shorter than that.
All Studios except those at the Polynesian have one divided bath, with those at Disneys Riviera Resort and the Villas at the Grand Floridian particularly well laid out. Polynesian Studios have one full bath, and a second bath space with sink and shower.
Dues Increases Vs Resort Rate Increases
The effect of annual dues increases on the total cost of DVC membership must be considered. One issue to keep in mind is that Disney can increase dues significantly from year to year, subject to a limit of 15% each year and a requirement to charge only for the actual operating expenses and reasonably expected necessary reserves.
A portion of your dues is allocated to a capital reserve fund for major refurbishments. Adjustments are always possible if the projected reserve needs vary from actual experience, although Disney has been in lodging business for many decades and has considerable experience in what long-term costs to expect. Special assessments are possible if something unforeseen occurs .
Here are some examples of historical increases:
- Old Key West Resort, the oldest of the DVC resorts had dues of $2.51 in 1991 and had dues of $7.84 in 2020. That means it has averaged a 3.87% increase, compounded annually.
- BoardWalk Villas went from $3.70 in 1996 to $7.37 in 2020, an average annual compounded increase of 2.79%.
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge went from $3.62 in 2000 to $7.78 in 2020, an average annual compounded increase of 3.71%.
Keep in mind, though, the cash cost of staying in one of Disneys resort rooms has also gone up significantly over time, and the cash cost of a resort room starts out much higher than the dues for an equivalent stay. Like the DVC resort dues increases, the rate increases at the Disney resort hotels are not consistent. For example:
Recommended Reading: Royal Caribbean Vacation Protection Plan
Disney Vacation Club Home Resorts
While DVC Members may use their Points at a large number of Disney Resorts and destinations, the Disney Vacation Club Home Resorts include the following:
Walt Disney World Resort
- Bay Lake Tower at Disneys Contemporary Resort
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House
- Disneys Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village
- Disneys Beach Club Villas
- Disneys BoardWalk Villas
- Disneys Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disneys Rivera Resort
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Villas at Disneys Grand Floridian Resort
- The Villas at Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawaii
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Disneys Hilton Head Island Resort
Vero Beach, Florida
- Disneys Vero Beach Resort
Disneys Vero Beach Resort sign
How Many Points Do You Need For A Week At Disney World Resort And What Impacts This
The answer depends on where you stay. Indeed, many people can and do use their vacation points for various accommodations on and off Disney property. This option includes standard hotel rooms, hotel suites, and even vacation rental homes through RCI.
Suppose you prefer staying in standard hotels on Disney property . In that case, you may find that your points dont go as far as they do in the villas, especially when you consider the features of your accommodations. Disney has deliberately designed it this way they want their members to stay in their membership properties.
For that reason, all Disney Vacation Club hotels are deluxe hotels. In Disneys world, this means that they have premium amenities and services, and the rooms are elegantly appointed according to the hotels theme .
Also Check: Vacation Rentals Near Pine Island Florida
The Pros Of Disney Vacation Club Membership
- Members lock in their DVC points price for 50 years at current rates. Nothing is guaranteed, of course, but it is a virtual certainty that costs will continue to go up. Folks who bought their points when they were in the $35 to $40 range must be feeling pretty good right around now. While the 2019 price of $188 per point might cause some sticker shock, maybe that will seem like chump change a few years down the road.
- Members get all kinds of bonuses and benefits, such as discounts on tickets to Disneys Broadway shows, exclusive gifts and merchandise offers, special meet and greets with characters, complimentary behind-the-scenes tours at the parks, and a huge array of deals on park tickets, dining at Disney restaurants, Disney Cruise Line packages, and more.
- The DVC resort rooms are quite nice. They are designed less for luxury and more for home-away-from-home comfort. Members are greeted with a cheery “Welcome home!” from the resorts cast members, for instance. Accommodations include studios that sleep up to four people, one-bedroom villas that sleep up to five, two-bedroom villas that sleep up to nine, and three-bedroom “Grand Villas that sleep up to 12. With the exception of the studio units, the villas include full kitchens, dining areas, a washer and dryer, and other amenities.
Interested In Buying A Dvc Resale
As a Disney Vacation Club member, you are saving on over a lifetime of vacations! DVC members receive benefits, luxurious amenities, and spacious accommodations. Disney Vacation Club offers 15 resorts all around the United States.
Read Also: Coastal Vacation Rentals Myrtle Beach
Today The Panel Discusses The Results Of A Poll Posted On Dvc Fan Asking You What The Best Dvc Resort Is And We Have Some Movers From Last Year See The Full Results Below
These shows are now exclusively on the DVC Fan YouTube Channel so be sure to subscribe!
Amy and I are new Orlando, Florida residents where we live with our dogs Odie the greyhound and Hermès the Spanish galgo. We are DVC owners at Animal Kingdom Lodge, BoardWalk Villas, and Villas at Disneys Grand Floridian, Disney World Annual Passholders, and love educating Disney Vacation Club on how to both use and maximize the value of their DVC points!
- on January 26, 2022 at 12:37 pm
Resale Or Direct From Disney
Generally only the newest resorts are available for immediate purchase directly through Disney. You can ask Disney to put you on a waiting list to purchase the other resorts, though they are supposedly sold out. If Disney exercises its right of first refusal on a resale, or it gets back points through foreclosure, it will turn around and sell those points at current full market rates to the next person on the waiting list. For popular, small resorts like Beach Club or Grand Californian, the waiting lists can stretch for several years. For bigger resorts like Saratoga Springs, you may be able to get points immediately or within a few weeks or months.
If you just want to buy into DVC as quickly as possible so you can start using it right away, buying direct from Disney is usually the best bet. You can usually complete the transaction instantly if youre already at Walt Disney World, and even over the phone it usually only takes a day or two to purchase a contract. Disney expedites the deed recording process and you can usually get a reservation as soon as you sign the paperwork, even before the deed is officially recorded with the state.
Recommended Reading: Wyndham Timeshare Presentation Free Vacation
Beyond Aulani More Perks Of Membership
As a Member of Disney Vacation Club, you can:
- Lock in future vacations at todays purchase price
- Save up to 50% on future accommodations at Disney Vacation Club Resorts over the life of the Membershipsee the Savings Disclosure below
- Vacation when, where and how often you want
- Choose from Disney destinations or thousands of other vacation options, from nearby getaways to bucket list adventures all over the globe
- Attend special events created exclusively for Members and special Guests*
- Save on dining, shopping, recreation and magical Disney experiences*
- Get dedicated vacation-planning support from Member Services
Savings Disclosure:Disneys RivieraDisney Vacation Club®
Disney Vacation Club Resort Locations
With 12 locations, Walt Disney World in Florida is DVC central. Most of the properties are adjacent to standard hotels such as The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Some, such as the Old Key West Resort, are exclusive DVC properties. Disneyland in California offers The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel.
Disney operates other DVC properties, including villas at its lovely Hawaii resort, Aulani, Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort in South Carolina, and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort in Florida. In addition, DVC members can use their points to book stays at non-DVC properties, including all of the hotels at Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney parks around the world. They can also use points to sail aboard the Disney Cruise Line or join a guided tour offered by Adventures by Disney.
The club has a partnership arrangement with RCI, a timeshare exchange network, which allows members to use their points at non-Disney hotels around the world. DVC also offers a Concierge Collection of additional non-Disney resorts that members can access.
Don’t Miss: Marriott Vacation Club Panama City
Disney Vacation Club Resort Rankings
Which DVC resorts are best & worst at Walt Disney World? These rankings cover our top picks and least favorite villas based upon a variety of factors, including theme, rooms, dining, pools, and more. We cover the pros & cons of each Disney Vacation Club resort at WDW, and try to set aside our own biases.
Weve re-ranked the resorts on this list once again amidst the Christmas 2020 season , as the Disney Vacation Club resorts are now about 6 months into their so-called phased reopening. During this period, weve seen a few regular resorts also return to Walt Disney World, an array of other progress, and plenty also stay the same.
Unfortunately, the hotel sides of many DVC properties remain closed with no opening dates scheduled this year or in 2021. Making this list more important than normal for planning purposes, and meaning that if you want to stay at many Walt Disney World resorts, DVC is your only option. As such, were re-ranking the resorts based upon the current strengths and shortcomings of each
Whats interesting about this list is that even the bottom resorts are places we enjoy. Some of my best adult memories at Walt Disney World are at Saratoga Springs, where we stayed on our first real trip together. Walking back to Saratoga Springs after a night at the Adventurers Club was great, and proximity to Disney Springs gives it a lot of appeal. Likewise, Bay Lake Towers short walk to Magic Kingdom might be enough for many to put it at the top of this list.